Jan 31, 2010

flowers and candy

I love my little family. The past few weeks have been quite hard and at times seemed almost unbearable. A few days ago, I found myself stressed, tired, disappointed and very alone. I had to get my house in order for some people to come look and for a new realtor to come take pics. My children were wearing me down and I wasn't sure what to do. So, I called my sister. She packed up her two kids and drove over an hour to come help me. She arrived with flowers in her hand, dinner and a bag full of candy and some other special things. She went right to work and we got my house looking beautiful. I am so grateful to her, more than words can express. She came to my rescue. She boosted my spirits. But most of all, she was just there. And I have really needed someone to just be there. It's amazing what flowers, candy and most of all the love of a sister can do in some of the darkest times. Thank you Amanda. I am so grateful for the love you have given me!

5 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

I got all choked up reading this.. How sweet of Amanda. My goodness.. That is such a cute picture of your lil family!

Spencer and Anna said...

Wow, what an amazing sister you have. :) And I'm loving that picture of your family! Lindsey, you look great. Honestly. I hope things start to look up soon for you guys! Miss you!

Leslie said...

She is sooo sweet to you, and I know she loves you sooo much! Feel better and maybe we should plan a little mommy night just us. {{ok ok, matthew can come if he HAS to :) }}
P.S. LOVE the new pic!

Amanda B. said...

Lindsey, you are too kind to say those nice things about me. Really, we can both be grateful that we have a good mother who has taught us to take care of each other. :)
Much love to you. I hope you have a great week!

Zach and Shanna said...

We love you guys!! I wish we lived closer! And your family picture is darling!